Saturday, March 15, 2014

The sky is falling

     No it's not, though sometimes it feel like it could be.  I'm working my way back from a month and a half hiatus from taking pictures, it's been raining forever and my pc took a nose dive.  I was 80GB away from completing my first online/cloud offsite backup when...ftttt!  This weekend has me inside (more rain) trying to trouble shoot the problem.  Is it Windows 8, defective RAM, or some other mystery. Not a great start to my new blog, sigh.  While all this fun stuff is happening I thought I would answer some questions I'm often asked.

 running memory test and diagnostics

How long have you been taking pictures?
     I have been shooting for way too many years to count and shooting seriously for about 15 years.

What other photographers or artist do you admire, or follow?
     I really enjoy art from painters and architects from about 3100b.c to early Impressionism, probably because I have spent some time in college studying this portion of art history.  Rembrandt, Albert Bierstadt, Giotto, Brunelleschi, Michelangelo, and seriously there are just too many more to name.

What kind of camera, tripod etc do you use?
     I shoot about 90% of my photos with a Canon 5D Mark II with either a EF 17-40mm F4 L or EF 24-105 F4 L lens on it.  These are my work horses and I am rarely without them.  There are a few other camera bodies and lens in my arsenal.  My tripod of choice is a Manfrotto 055CXPRO3 with a Gitzo bubblehead ball head.

How do you haul it from one location to the next?
     I have found over the years that there is never going to be a one bag to rule them all, there are only going to be the perfect bag for the current situation.  Currently my everyday run around town bag is a Tamrac Velocity  8x sling pack, small but can pack in quite a bit of equipment if needed.  For those bigger trips I have a Lowepro Flipside 400AW backpack.  fully loaded this bag will tip me over on my back like a turtle.  


    

No comments:

Post a Comment